• Spirit Week 10/22-26

• Football Senior Night 10/19 at 7 at Home

Student Government Sets Agenda

Charlotte Varnes, Staff Reporter

Following the introduction of the House System and a successful Spirit Week during the fall, Student Government hopes to build on the momentum for a great second semester. The group has met once this semester, discussing scanning house barcodes, prom themes, and the upcoming Talent Show.

Student Body Co-President Anthony Mottarella discussed planning the show.

“We had a variety of comedy, good musicians,” Mottarella said. “It was good. I think it will be really good this year because Nick Toohill is really good with the lighting and the fog machines we have. Ashvi and I will be the hosts, so that’s what we’re focusing on right now.”

The Talent Show will be at the end of the day on February 1st, returning from a one-year hiatus.

Additionally, the group has recently discussed issues with getting representatives to scan at every varsity game and making sure every person at an event is scanned. Although it was difficult to get back into contacting all of the members and figuring out who would scan events at the very beginning of semester, the group now texts about what games need to be scanned each week and representatives claim responsibility for certain games. Still, it can be difficult for one representative to see and scan all attending students at more crowded games. For next football season, Mottarella has a large, neon pole that will be put in an easily seen area where all students can meet up with representatives to be scanned.

Soon, Student Government’s focus will turn to prom, end of the year activities, and elections for next year’s representatives.

“In the distant future, juniors and seniors are working on prom themes,” Mottarella said. “We just solidified our DJ and our venue.”

Between implementing the House System, planning an enthusiastic Spirit Week, and reintroducing the Talent Show, this year’s SGA is on track to be one of the most successful in Holy Trinity history.