• Spirit Week 10/22-26

• Football Senior Night 10/19 at 7 at Home

Group Works to Beautify Campus

Charlie George

Charlie George

Charlie George, Sports Editor

Everybody wants to live, work and/or go to school somewhere that is nice looking. And that is the goal of the newly established Campus Beautification Team that President Dr. Katherine Cobb has started in order to make Holy Trinity’s campus look even better.  

Dr. Cobb and Tiger Leadership wanted to create the Campus Beautification Team after seeing the potential of how nice Holy Trinity could look during Open House before the school year.

“What really triggered my thoughts was seeing the campus with all the flowers up, and how everything was so pristine,” said Dr. Cobb. “I thought, Wow, this is great. Why can’t our campus look like this all the time?”

At the moment, the Campus Beautification Team is in their fledgling phase, and is looking for students to find places around campus that they would like to see improve as Dr. Cobb and student government simply don’t have all the answers.

“I’m limited in my ideas to make this place better and that’s why I look to the students for your guys’ help. It could be anything from replacing a rusty door, or painting a mural or hanging some artwork somewhere, to planting more flowers. But there is so much more,” said Dr. Cobb.

More artwork is one of the first ideas that the Campus Beautification Team is working on, with the help of Mrs. Rodby and some of her art students. Some of these plans include painting murals in both the junior high and senior high bathrooms. Another idea is to add more lighting around campus for events that occur during the nighttime.  

While there are a few ideas, the Beautification Team is “all ears” and needs more members to help execute and add to their plans. The team is open to any interested students or teachers, whether they have their own specific suggestions or they simply want to help out with any project that comes up. Also, any help with the Campus Beautification Team can count towards community service hours.

“This is not just me wanting to do all these things. This is about us making where we go to school and go to work, prettier,” said Dr. Cobb. “It doesn’t have to be anything big but if you do have a big idea, that may work too.”