Senior Privilege Causes Controversy

Anthony Mottarella, Photo Editor

Last Thursday Mrs. G announced that a new senior privilege was being instituted. A new privilege that allows seniors to leave early from the auditorium on Tuesdays.

This all started with a vision by seniors Carter Thomas and Jordan Vines. They met with Mrs. Koos to try and boost “seniority” and unite the senior class as much as possible before graduation. Vines proposed a plan where seniors sit together in the front of the chapel on broadcast days. This would have been a nice opportunity for seniors and a true privilege.

Instead of a gleeful response, seniors believe the privilege was mediocre and had too much conflict.

“Going into it the idea was that all seniors were going to sit together in the front together and leave early,” said Vines. “It was a simple plan that got way too complicated.”

Lower classmen were especially bothered by this privilege, because it affects them in a negative way. An entire new seating chart was developed and will delay their exit.

Vines further expressed his fear that lowerclassmen would hold a grudge against the seniors until they themselves get the privilege.

In the end, positivity was shown in this privilege. It displayed that administration was willing to hear the students opinions and take action.