the growl

Game Of Phones

Ellie Grecul

Ellie Grecul

Ellie Grecul, Opinion Editor

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






According to The Telegraph, of 147.86 million iPhones and Samsung phones sold worldwide in the last quarter of 2015, 51 percent of those were iPhones, and the remaining 49 percent were Samsung. That’s a pretty tight race, and those numbers have more than likely fluctuated in the ensuing two years.

That being said, consider the following: of 40 students surveyed here on campus, 87 percent were Apple users, leaving a measly 13 percent of Android users.

Sophomore Grant Thorpe’s defense of his running by the Android operating system: “It’s just what I own. It’s cheaper.”

Freshman Preston Foreman: “I stand for Apple. Apple’s the best. Samsung is trash, okay. Samsung has the worst graphics ever. Their camera is terrible. Steve Jobs is the best. Samsung…the camera sucks, the picture sucks, the games are terrible. It’s just like a whole copy of Apple. Now Apple, they got everything I want out of a phone. They got a better camera, better apps.”

Of the students surveyed, iOS users tended to be more aggressive in their opinions than Android. The implications of that are left up to interpretation.

Other users are veterans of one operating system who converted to another. Our Mr. Tiger, Charlie George, for instance, used to own a Samsung, but now has an iPhone.

When asked why, he replied, “‘Cause I was getting made fun of.”

So why is Holy Trinity so infested with Apple advocators? Is it a generational thing? Is it because of the average financial group of the students who attend? It’s something to chew on.

Leave a Comment

The Growl intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. {insert publication name} does not allow anonymous comments, and The Growl requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.




Navigate Right
Navigate Left
  • Game Of Phones

    News

    Students, School Support Parkland

  • Game Of Phones

    Student Life

    Vine: “You better stop” V2: “You can’t kill me”

  • Game Of Phones

    Student Life

    Following Fortnite Fanatics

  • Game Of Phones

    Sports

    Holy Trinity Swings into a New Season

  • Game Of Phones

    News

    New Gate Procedure Improves Safety

  • Game Of Phones

    News

    JUULs: A Dangerous Trend

  • Game Of Phones

    Student Life

    The Blergh

  • Game Of Phones

    Student Life

    Start Your Engines

  • Game Of Phones

    News

    Up With People

  • Game Of Phones

    Opinion

    Senior Privilege Causes Controversy

The student news site of Holy Trinity Episcopal Academy
Game Of Phones