Jenner Takes Social Media by Stormi

Picture of newborn Stormi Webster posted by Kylie Jenner. Photo via @kyliejenner on Instagram

Julia McCarthy, Staff Reporter

As many people know, Kylie Jenner has just made her announcement of becoming a mom. The 20-year-old social media, fashion, and makeup mogul gave birth to her first-born daughter on February 1st with her boyfriend, rapper Travis Scott. The announcement was made public on Jenner’s social media accounts along with an 11-minute video uploaded to YouTube documenting highlights of her pregnancy journey.

The star has kept quiet for the long nine months, making no appearances on social media or on the family show, Keeping Up with the Kardashians. On February 4th, Jenner released an Instagram post stating “I’m sorry for keeping you in the dark through all the assumptions. I understand you’re used to me bringing you along on all my journeys. My pregnancy was one I chose not to do in front of the world,” the 20-year-old stated in her birth announcement.

“I like how she chose to not allow any negativity from social media or any other elements affect her or her child by not revealing her pregnancy to the world. It was pretty mature of a very young 20-year-old to do,” junior Tara Carroll said.

In the video titled “To Our Daughter,” there are scenes documenting Jenner showing Scott’s family seeing the sonogram for the first time, members of the Kardashian family giving Jenner tips, and even Kim Kardashian West debuting in a short clip featuring her newborn surrogate baby, Chicago West. Jenner did not show any signs of what the baby looks like.

Fans and followers of Jenner instantly began making name predictions and wanted pictures of the newborn right away. Yesterday afternoon, Jenner took to Instagram to post the first picture of the newborn with the name Stormi Webster, taking Travis’ biological last name. There have been many mixed opinions on the name chosen by the couple.

“I think the name is cute. It’s different, but I like it,” sophomore Chelsea Terry said.

Kylie has finally made her way back to social media after nine months and fans cannot wait to see how she’s going to do with a newborn baby in her life now.