• Varsity football game vs. Merritt Island on 8/24 at 7pm

• House Party Movie Night on 8/25 from 7-9pm

• Backpacks for Brevard School Supply Drive until 8/22

Vine: “You better stop” V2: “You can’t kill me”

The logo for v2.

The logo for v2.

The logo for v2.

Riley Whitfield, Staff Reporter

Within the past year, it’s been almost impossible to go a day without seeing a Vine reference somewhere. Whether it’s on twitter, or in a meme one of your friends sent to your group chat, they’re almost inescapable. Unfortunately, ever since Vine died, no new Vines have been able to surface. That is, until v2 comes out.

V2 is a video app that will ultimately be replacing Vine, a.k.a. the source of most of our joy. It will have the same qualities as the original app, but will have a few differences. One difference being that v2 will have a zero-tolerance policy for any form of cyberbullying. As a result, this will make the v2 community a more welcoming feel for its users.

One of the most important things the creator of v2, Dom Hofmann (co-creator of Vine), wants everyone to know is not to call it Vine 2. Vine is owned by Twitter, and Hofmann’s new app is in no way affiliated with the original. Also, to avoid “trademark infringement”, the new logo is a brighter green and uses a different font.

The actual app will be very similar, however. Videos will be no longer than 6.5 seconds, and will be able to be taken directly from the app or imported from your camera roll. However, one new feature is that there will be a “Team feature”. In each Team’s profile, it will list all of the members for that specific Team as well as different videos created from each member individually or in a collaboration of some sort. There will also be some sort of payment for users in the v2 app because in the Vine app, there was no way for users to earn money directly from the app; their only option was to partner up with outside companies on various sponsorships. Although as of right now there is no specific way this will be done, Hofmann says that there are many ideas still in the works.

The app is said to be released sometime this summer. Hopefully v2 will live up to its many great expectations, and maybe we will finally find out who threw that paper.