Picture This

Riley Whitfield, Creative Editor

Photography is a huge part of everyone’s lives. Everyday people are posting pictures on Snapchat, Instagram, VSCO, and many other platforms. Photographs can be so beautifully composed or poorly taken.

Ashleigh Kutryb and Layla Mathews are starting a senior high photography club to make sure everyone can take an alluring photo no matter their background with photography skills. Over the summer, Kutryb had mentioned to Mathews wanting to start a club.

“I had already thought about maybe starting a photography club but wasn’t sure who to go to or anything, so we both kinda came up with the idea but she was the first one to approach me,” Mathews said.

The first meeting is Thursday, August 25 during second lunch in Mrs. Tricano’s room, and they will be held every Friday.

“Join it if you have any interest whatsoever, it’s gonna be a really fun time. Make new friends, and we would maybe do stuff over the weekends at times, or we would like go out on a photoshoot all together and take photos of eachother,” Kutryb said. “So if you’re interested come, and bring some ideas for the club.”

Even if you don’t have a camera, both Mathews and Kutryb encourage you come.

“If you don’t even have a camera just come out because you can always learn something,” Mathews said. ‘If you want to show up to a meeting and just learn how to edit on VSCO or LightRoom or even Photoshop, we can show you how to do that too.”

No matter your knowledge or skill set on photography, you should come out and learn more about the most prominent form of expression in the world today.