• Congrats to Boys and Girls Varsity Soccer on winning District Championships!

• Winter Break 2/11-15

Double Dribble

Double Dribble

provided by Chanda family

provided by Chanda family

provided by Chanda family

Ava Middlebrooks, Staff Reporter

Going to school with your sibling can be challenging, but imagine being on the same sports team as your twin brother.

Cole and Wyatt Chanda, seventh grade twins and members of the junior high basketball team, have been going to Holy Trinity since fifth grade. Prior to HT, they attended Our Lady of Lourdes from preschool to fourth grade. Both brothers have been playing basketball since they were four years old.

“I like playing with my brother because we both know how to work with each other and what plays to do,” said Wyatt. “But a lot of the time we get mad at each other because he gets on my nerves, since we are always around each other.”

Cole and Wyatt both play for the Police Athletic League (PAL), Cole entering his sixth season and Wyatt entering his fifth. They also played for the South Beach Basketball Association (SBBA) in Indialantic for six years.

“I’ve been playing with my brother all my life and our chemistry is really good,” said Cole.

Both brothers attend FIT and HT basketball camps over the summer every year. They also both made the Jr. High team coached by Deputy Marc Spencer.

“We argue a lot, but we always know what plays to do when we’re playing together,” said Cole.

Cole and Wyatt live near a park with a basketball court and go there to play six to seven times a week and have always been on the same team, so they are very used to playing together. Both agree that even though they fight, they have good chemistry on the court.

“Since we’ve been playing together for so long, over the years we’ve learned what to do to score and how to get out of a tough situation on the court,” said Wyatt.

1 Comment

One Response to “Double Dribble”

1. Hope Chanda on February 6th, 2019 1:07 pm

Thanks for the nice article, Ava! Great job!

• Double Dribble

Sports

Blair Beats Injury

• Double Dribble

Arts and Entertainment

On the Basis of Sex Shows Women’s Rights Struggle

• Double Dribble

Sports

Gibson Repeats Eighth Grade for Lacrosse

• Double Dribble

Sports

Newfound Talent

• Double Dribble

News

Getting Into Geer

• Double Dribble

Sports

Reaching One Thousand

• Double Dribble

Sports

MCC Basketball Rivalry

• Double Dribble

Arts and Entertainment

Best Albums of 2018

• Double Dribble

Opinion

A Case for a Free Press in China

• Double Dribble

News

Red Tide

Double Dribble