• Spring Break 3/18-22

Softball Looks to New Season

Softball Looks to New Season

The softball team eats after completing their game.

Provided by Claire Jackering

Provided by Claire Jackering

Provided by Claire Jackering

Claire Jackering, Staff Reporter

As the spring season for sports kicks off, the HT softball team is looking forward to doing bigger and better things to try and improve from last year. Whether it be on the field or off, the Tigers have improved in order to face challenging and rivaled opponents.

Team chemistry is one of the most important factors for any team sport, especially for a sport as complex as softball. Senior captain Lisa Bain understands the importance of good chemistry and makes sure to focus on it with her team.

“I’m looking to have better team chemistry on and off the field. If you’re a family off the field, it’s easier to pick each other up on the field,” Bain said.

If everyone on the field and in the dugout doesn’t work well together or cheer each other on, then half the game is already lost. A well-formed team bond is crucial for a strong offense and defense to work against the opposing team.

“Our defense is going to be way stronger this season and it definitely helps that we all work well together on and off the field,” senior captain Olivia Nimmo said.

The Tigers will be facing a new opponent this season that they have not faced in recent years and have made their way to the top of the list for one of the most anticipated opponents this season.

“I’m interested to see how we play Eau Gallie. They’ve been known to be a good team and we’ve never actually been able to play them,” Bain said.

Throughout the entire season, the team dynamic is very important in order to amp up the team’s level of play and skill. If they lack a strong dynamic, the chances of putting up a strong fight against an opponent would be hard to do.

“We have all kinds of different dynamics. Everyone is from different levels and types of play that we’re just going to be a very dynamic team that will be able to adjust to any kind of opponent,” Bain said.

With the Tigers having these strong and diverse dynamics from so many of the players, they definitely have what it takes to be the strongest team on the field each and every time. Now that conditioning is done and the preseason tournament has been played, it is finally time for the Tigers to fire up their bats and slide in head first into the 2019 season.