Christmas Break Binges

Claire Jackering, Editor-in-Chief

Dash & Lily

Dash, who hates Christmas and the whole holiday season, finds a mysterious journal in a bookstore seeking out Lily, who hid the book in order to meet someone new. Follow these two characters as they communicate by exchanging the book and challenging each other to more daring tasks each time. With eight episodes, all of which are no longer than half an hour, this show on Netlfix is perfect to binge all in one sitting.

Julie and the Phantoms

Directed by Kenny Ortega, who previously created High School Musical and Hocus Pocus, this show on Netflix explores one teenage girl, Julie, who comes across three bots from a band who died over 20 years ago who came back as ghosts. With nine episodes at about half an hour each, this show is great to binge-watch over and over again.

Selena: The Series

The new Netflix original series explores the life of Mexican-American icon, Selena, and her rise into stardom. With nine episodes ranging from 30-50 minutes, this show is the perfect one to take a night on the couch to watch.

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

With the final season airing December 31, this shows contains 4 seasons that will keep you entertained for a little while longer than other shows on this list. Follow Sabrina, a teenage witch, as she enters the realm of the supernatural and her adventures into her new world. 

The Queen’s Gambit

The new exciting Netlfix series, The Queen’s Gambit, follows Beth Harmon as she develops a natural talent for Chess during her time at an orphanage and goes on to play all around the world in chess competitions. The show has seven hour-long episodes to keep you captivated.

The Mandalorian

This two-seasoned Star Wars series explores the post-Empire galaxy and follows the Mandalorian “Mando” and The Child commonly referred to as Baby Yoda, as they go on Mando’s quests around the galaxy. The second season finishes Friday, December 18 on Disney+ with the highly-anticipated finale. 

The Great British Baking Show

The beloved and comedic baking competition show just released its third special holiday season on Netflix. Each season contains two hour-long episodes following competitors as they bake their hearts out.