• Girls Soccer Beats Somerset 8-0! Julia McCarthy with 4 goals!

• Aqua in the lead!

Squad Goals

The cheer squad is thrilled to cheer on our tiger athletics throughout the year.

Victoria Araj

Victoria Araj

Riley Whitfield, Staff Reporter

This year the cheer team is getting an upgrade. The varsity cheer team has been working hard since July to prepare for the up and coming season. Students can look forward to new stunts, numerous cheers, and more electrifying dances. Everyone on the team is filled with excitement for the games and pep rallies this year.

“My favorite thing about the football season is when it is a super intense game you just feel the rush of excitement inside you because you are a part of it,” said senior Victoria Araj.

Seniors Mary Rossi and Victoria Araj are the captains of the varsity cheer team, with senior Kelsey Halbert as the co-captain. They are all looking forward to leading the team and are determined to make their last season their best.

“We have so much potential and I really think that this last year is going to be my best as well as the team’s best,” said senior Mary Rossi. “Victoria, Kelsey and I as captains hope to leave this season as one to remember for everyone, whether it be other cheerleaders, fans, parents, or athletes. I can’t wait for an amazing season.”

Coach Gina Gabriel is new to Holy Trinity and is bringing some new material for the team. Coach Gina works at Extreme Allstars Cheerleading and Dance and is thrilled to be working with the Holy Trinity team.

“I believe in whatever task you take on, you have to strive to be your best, and push yourself to be better than you have ever imagined you could be. That is how I coach and what I expect from the students that I work with,” said Coach Gina. “I look forward to having an accomplished squad this year at Holy Trinity, and hopefully, the students will have an amazing year. I am looking forward to guiding the Holy Trinity cheerleaders to be the best cheerleaders that they can be.”

The team is adjusting very well to having a new coach. Coach Gina does a great job at communicating well with the girls as well as teaching new stunts and cheers in a fun way.

“This is my last season and I can’t wait to watch all of the girls grow and become better cheerleaders right in front of my eyes and I couldn’t be happier to be a part of it,” said senior Kelsey Halbert.

With a new coach, new captains, and new cheerleaders, the team has a clean slate to really encourage school spirit.