• Go Tiger Volleyball!

• Aqua in the lead!

New Season, New Schedule

With district games eliminated, and every game counting, the football team is determined to make it to the post season.

Caroline Dixon

Caroline Dixon

Julia McCarthy, Staff Reporter

When students look at the upcoming Tiger football schedule, they may notice that something is missing from the list. Local rival MCC will not be playing the Tigers this season. Changes by the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) have affected many teams including Holy Trinity.  

Replacing the districts system, where the top two teams move on to the playoffs, classes 1-4A have a new point system. This system is a formula based on the number of games you win and your opponent’s record. This is the biggest change this season. For classes 1A-4A, no region or district play will be required. Each school will control their own season schedule. Four teams from each region will make the playoffs based on this new point system.

One of the reasons the Hustlers won’t be on the Tiger field this season is because the FHSAA decided to eliminate football districts in classes 1-4A which includes Holy Trinity in class 3A. Another reason is due to roster size. MCC currently has about 60 players and HT has 22. Ensuring safety, the coaching staff agreed not to play MCC to avoid injuries.

Although MCC is no longer on the schedule, HT will still play many familiar teams both bigger and smaller. HT may not be facing MCC this year, but the school spirit and excitement is only getting stronger.

“It’s going to be an exciting season. We hope everybody comes out to support the team, and we want it to be a fun atmosphere for everybody,” Athletic Director Scott Crockett said.