• Girls Soccer Beats Somerset 8-0! Julia McCarthy with 4 goals!

• Aqua in the lead!

Getting to Know Dr. Booth

Dr.+Booth%2C+the+new+psychology+teacher%2C+enlightening+his+students+with+a+discussion+on+behaviorism.+
Dr. Booth, the new psychology teacher, enlightening his students with a discussion on behaviorism.

Julie Spicer

Julie Spicer

Kayla Burge, Staff Reporter

Dr. William Booth is the new Psychology teacher at Holy Trinity. He has been given many great reviews over the first few weeks of school. Here are some things that you might not have known about him…

Q:  What is your favorite movie and/or TV show?

A:  My favorite movie and TV show of all time would have to be the Godfather and Breaking Bad.

Q:  What is the greatest value that you need in your life?

A:  My faith, family, and love of learning.

Q:  If you could be any leader in history, who would you be?

A:  It might seem odd for somebody with the name of Booth but I would definitely choose Lincoln because he was faced with an extremely tremendous problem and had to overcome his own personal doubt along with his psychological deficiencies. I think he is a really admirable person and being in the position that he was, it truly shows a leader.

Q:  Do you have a special talent and if you do, what is it?

A:  I’m pretty good at impressions and also starting to learn how to play the bass guitar.

Q:  If you could travel anywhere where would you go?

A:  I would really love to go to Australia.

Q:  People have read in your Holy Trinity bio that you are a committed traveler. Where is the coolest place that you have been?

A:  St. John, The Virgin Islands because some of my family used to live down there and also Barcelona, Spain.

Q:  People have also read that you are on the board of the Melbourne Center of Personal Growth for the rehabilitation of juvenile offenders. What exactly is this program about and could others help out or join as volunteers?

A:  It is the Melbourne chapter of Associated Marine Institutes (AMI) kids, a place where juvenile offenders can apply to go serve out part of their sentence while trying to rehabilitate with education, such as earning credits, their GEDs, and certificates in different industry certifications. Every year we hold a fall fundraiser which is the first week in November; preparing for that and getting scholarships, there a opportunities for others to get involved. Maybe as a Holy Trinity family we can do something really beneficial for those kids.

Q:  Are you related to John Wilkes Booth?

A:  Believe it or not yes; he is a distant relative down the line who is probably a cousin.

Dr. Booth has already made a positive and lasting impression on his students and has become a big part of the HT community.

“I’m really excited about being here and I’ve been really impressed with the students that attend this school and have felt very welcomed. I’m very excited for this school year!” said Booth.

1 Comment

One Response to “Getting to Know Dr. Booth”

1. Edward Marr on December 1st, 2017 9:12 am

Great article Kayla very interesting and cool!

[Reply]

• Getting to Know Dr. Booth

News

Rules Rule

• Getting to Know Dr. Booth

News

Going Red

• Getting to Know Dr. Booth

News

The Passing of the Crown

• Getting to Know Dr. Booth

News

Getting to Know Ms. Wisler

• Getting to Know Dr. Booth

News

Flooded Auditorium

• Getting to Know Dr. Booth

News

HT Takes on Latin Forum

• Getting to Know Dr. Booth

A&E

Esskeetit! Holy Trinity Students Talk Lil Pump

• Getting to Know Dr. Booth

Sports

A New Season

• Getting to Know Dr. Booth

Sports

Looking Towards Districts

• Getting to Know Dr. Booth

Student Life

Eilish Craze

Getting to Know Dr. Booth