Chloe’s Comeback

Emily Noe

Emily Noe

Kayle Burge, Staff Reporter

Senior Chloe Greene is making a comeback into Tiger Volleyball along with the game itself after she severely tore her ACL last winter. Greene was formally playing at Carolina Juniors Volleyball Club and Cannon High School as a libero.

Greene tore her ACL while running at a club practice towards the start of last club season.

“I went through seven months of rehab, prehab as well, getting my knee past ninety degrees, along with the mobility back, was one of the hardest parts for me,” Greene said.

It wasn’t until after the four-month mark that Greene started running and jumping again, although now she is totally cleared with her knee being fully healed. Greene is planning to play in college for the 2018 season.

“I do want to play at a D2 or D3 level college. Although, it will be extremely difficult because of the timing of my injury, putting into play that college coaches by this time already have their rosters filled,” Greene said.

She is in fact talking to a few D2 and D3 schools at the moment.

Greene is extremely confident about this Holy Trinity varsity season and thinks that we have been playing really well together. She has been working hard after surgery and ready to get back out there. Everyone should watch for Chloe Greene’s comeback.